Las Vegas based mixer, DJ CO1, has established himself as a diverse dj both in the night clubs and on-air, mixing for some of the hottest radio stations in the nation and mixing at various clubs and events.
DJ CO1 started his mixing career in Orange County, California in the late 90s. Currently, you can catch him on-air at 98.5 KLUC and Q 100.5 in Las Vegas, NV. He is also featured as the DJ/Mixer for the “Zach Sang Show” nationally syndicated in over 35 markets country wide.
As Mixshow Coordinator at 98.5 KLUC and Q 100.5, DJ CO1 has played an essential role in music selection, maintaining mixshow consistency, participating and hosting station events, and contributing to earn #1 radio ratings. His on-air schedule is filled with a non-stop agenda performing seven days a week on top rated mix shows. You can also find CO1 along side his good friend Chet Buchanan from 98.5 KLUC’s Chet Buchanan and the Morning Zoo. Together, Chet and CO1 provide hosting and music at various charity and high profile events in Las Vegas.
Current Radio Shows:
- APD (Assistant Program Director) for KXQQ – Q 100.5 in Las Vegas
- Mixshow Coordinator for Entercom (Las Vegas, NV) on 98.5 KLUC and Q 100.5
- Night Show on Q 100.5 (Mon – Fri)
- QCafe Mix at 12 noon on Q 100.5 (Mon-Fri) Vegas
- Friday Night House Party on Q 100.5
- Club 985 Mixer on 98.5 KLUC Vegas
- 5 O’clock-Out Mix on Q 100.5 (Fridays at 5pm) Vegas
- Old School Lunch Hour on 98.5 KLUC (12 noon – Fridays) – DJ CO1 has hosted artists such as LL Cool J, E-40, Brian McKnight, Keri Hilson, Cameo, Jo Koy, and others during the old school lunch hour.
- Club 985 AfterHours Vegas (Electronic Dance Music) on 98.5 KLUC every Saturday Night! – DJ CO1 has hosted artists such as Zedd, Armin Van Buuren, Dash Berlin, Diplo, Dillon Francis, Richard Vission, Dirty Freqs, Steve Aoki, EC Twins, Paul Okenfold, Jump Smokers, and many others on Club 985 AfterHours.
- Official DJ for the Zach Sang Show (Cumulus/Westwood One)
- Guest mixer on Wild 102.9 (Reno,NV)
- 5 O’clock Fuego Mix (Mon- Fri) on KAGM (Power 106.3 – Albuquerque, NM)
- 9p mix (Mon-Fri) on KAGM (Power 106.3 – Albuquerque, NM)
- 12 Noon Mix on Wild (Albuquerque, NM)
- 10p mix (Fridays) on KWNZ (Z 93.7 – Reno, NV)
- 10p mix (Saturdays) on KWNZ (Z 93.7 – Reno, NV)
Events and Activities:
- Resident DJ for Brooklyn Bowl (Las Vegas) 80’s & 90’s Night.
- UNLV Runnin’ Rebels’ official DJ for Football and Basketball
- DJ for NCAA Vegas16 Basketball Tournament
- DJ/Stadium DJ for the Royal Purple – Las Vegas Bowl | College Football (ESPN)
- Opening DJ for Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at Haze Nightclub (LV, NV)
- Opening act for Jordan Knight at House of Blues, (LV, NV.)
- Gold Lounge at Aria (LV, NV)
- Miss Universe Pageant at the Mandalay Bay – Gifting Room (LV, NV)
- UNLVino (LV, NV)
- Qbar at Hotel Albuquerque (Abq, NM)
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation Summer Camp (LV, NV)
- Mixtape production for Dawn Richard (Danity kane/Dirty Money) – “A Tell Tale Heart”
- Mayor Goodman’s 70th BDay Extravaganza official DJ (LV, NV)
- Annual C-Fest inside Papa’s & Beer (Rosarito, MX)
Hector Minjarez, aka DJ CO1 was born and raised in Santa Ana, CA. A sales and marketing professional, Hector is an entrepreneur that goes above and beyond to satisfy his clientele and focuses on maintaining solid relationships that allow business growth. Prior to his career in radio and music, DJ CO1 worked and volunteered for multiple law enforcement agencies. He received his Criminal Justice degree from Santa Ana College. When the decision was made to leave law enforcement and aggressively pursue a radio/music career, a colleague suggested that he keep the name DJ CO1, which is an acronym for a job title held in law enforcement. He continues to volunteer in his community and donates his time to charity events.